Monday, September 20, 2010

Being a Stay At Home Mom





I love being a stay at home mom. I love the routine Zion and I are now in and that I get to share every precious moment of every day with my amazing little boy. I feel bad for Jazz who has to go to work all day and miss our son all day. Especially when he has to work the late shift since Zion now has a pretty good bed time routine established at around 8pm. (Jazz doesn't get back from work those nights until at least 8:30pm).

Our son is laughing and giggling and shouting and screaming all of the time now -- he loves to have a conversation with you (although he usually yells in delight when he's really happy and excited :)

He is beginning to reach out for his animal friends on his play mat since he's starting to realize the power of his little hands and all that they can do. It's truly a marvel to watch him slowly discover himself in the big wide world.

I love being a stay at home mom and wife -- I love when I have dinner ready for my husband when he gets home from work. I love cooking and cleaning on days when it all goes well. It's not every day, but when it all gets done, it feels like I'm doing my part for my family and taking care of them like I want to. It's my new full time job, and of course there are moments and hours and days when I'm exhausted and overwhelmed and I need taking care of, but on the whole, it's the best job I've ever had. I wouldn't trade it for anything!


2 comments:

Shepherd Snapshots said...

Good blog post. And I like the new design too!

Unknown said...

i love that you love being a stay at home mom.