Monday, February 11, 2008

DEEP FREEZE!!

Yes peeps! I've thrown myself headlong into the BIG CHILL here in Canada in my new home of Calgary. I've done quite a bit of exploring, kitting myself out with my thermals before heading out on my near Arctic explorations! I've taken walks to Downtown Calgary mainly, checking out the various shops and businesses, familiarising myself with the business capital of the Canadian province of Alberta. Unfortunately I kept forgetting to bring my camera on my missions but I've got a few pics so far to give you guys in London a chilly visual experience in case you dare to come visit!

These are some pics of the amazing views I took while flying over Greenland on the flight to Canada. Something to 'warm me up' to what I'd be getting myself into!






A closer-to-home example of what I'm now dealing with. The beginning of a day in the life of Terra in winter here in Canada. :o) These were her finishing touches after digging her car out of the snow before heading to school!

And me? This was after a short walk to 7 Eleven on Friday evening to pick up some milk where outside it was -30celcius! Terra got a couple of quick pics of me in the snow:



Notice how ice has formed on my eyelashes! Not only that, in this weather one gets the weird sensation of ones nose hairs freezing too! In spite of this cold so far it's all been fun and intreguing for me which makes it all still seem like another holiday here...



...any of ya'll care to join me?

No comments: